If you have a question for one of our Dentist please contact us – we’ll respond personally to every question. Commonly asked questions are posted anonymously on this page, so be sure to browse this section for helpful information.
We are so pleased to announce that we have now been awarded full accreditation by QIP (Quality Innovation Performance). This is an independent recognition of our high standard of care towards all our patients.
Why choose Dentist & Co?
We provide you with:
- An experienced team of dentists
- Friendly and helpful staff available to you at any time
- We invest in the best quality products and the best quality
- staff with the highest level of expertise
- We have dental hygienists to ensure you get the best care for your oral health
- Our oral therapists are here to treat the most important members of your family, your children.
- Organise our business so that we respect your time and never have you wait for your appointment
- We endeavour to see you when it convenient to you, so we also open after hours and on weekends
- Continuously invest in new technologies to make your experience more comfortable
- The highest standard of education and post graduate studies
- Constantly invest in further education so that we are able to
- provide the latest and best dental treatment available
- We stand by our treatment and are personally accountable for the treatment we provide to you
What to do in a dental emergency?
There are a few types of dental emergencies, see below for what to do if you experience any of the listed
Toothache – Very persistent toothache is always a sign that you need to see a dentist as soon as possible. In the meantime, you should try to obtain relief by rinsing the mouth with water and trying to clean out debris from any obvious cavities. Use dental floss to remove any food that might be trapped within the cavity and between the teeth. If you have swelling we advise you place a cold compress to the outside of the cheek (NOT heat). Take pain relief if necessary, be sure you have no allergy to the medication prior to taking. (tablets must be swallowed, not rubbed into tooth, this could cause more harm than good.)
Knocked out tooth – If dirty, rinse tooth in milk holding it by the crown and NOT the roots. If not available, place tooth on the inside of the cheek (you can try to place back in socket if the tooth is free of debris/0 Go to a dentist as soon as you can. Time is critical for successful replanting.
Broken tooth – Try to clean debris from the injured area with warm water. If caused by a blow, place a cold compress on the face next to the injured tooth to minimize swelling. Go to the dentist as soon as possible.
Braces or retainers – If a wire is causing discomfort, cover the end of the wire with a firm wax or cotton ball. If a wire is sticking into the cheek, tongue or gum, do not attempt to remove it, Let the dentist do it. We advise you see your dentist as soon as possible.
Bitten tongue or lip – Apply direct pressure to bleeding area with a clean cloth. If swelling is present, apply cold compress. If bleeding doesn’t stop readily or the bite is severe, go to the dentist or hospital.
Objects wedged between teeth – Try to remove the object with dental floss. Guide the floss in carefully so as not to cut the gums. If unsuccessful, make a time to see the dentist.
Call us on 9810 3044 in any Dental Emergency, we will always endeavour to make the time to see a patient in pain or discomfort
When should i bring my child to the dentist for the first time?
It is recommended that you bring your child in at around 12 months of age, it may seem young however the reasoning behind this is not only to have your child feel comfortable in the environment but also to give you the best advise on all of your child’s oral health needs.
Our specially trained Oral Health Therapists will carefully examine the development of their mouth and detect any problems such as tooth decay, prolonged thumb-sucking etc. Early examination and preventative care will protect your child’s teeth and assist to establish good oral hygiene and correct brushing and flossing techniques.
Here at Dentist & Co we have a designated Children’s play area, this will ensure you child will always enjoy their time here!
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes we do, we offer a few payment plan options.
We advise a consultation initially where the dentist will be able to organise a treatment plan and quote for you, we will then make you a time to sit with our practice manager who can discuss all of your options for payment plans.