What is an Oral health Therapist?
Oral therapists are dental professionals who are dual qualified in dental therapy and dental hygiene. Oral health therapists provide a wide range of dental care in a variety of settings to children, adolescents and adults.
Oral health therapists work as multiskilled members of the dental team, they provide dental therapy services to children and adolescents and dental hygiene services to people of all ages.
What can oral therapists do for your children?
– Conduct dental examinations and diagnosis, and develop care plans to children and adolescents
– Take x-rays of teeth and jaws
– Prepare cavities and restore teeth with fillings
– Extract deciduous teeth under local anesthetic when required
– Conduct nutritional counselling and oral health education and promotion
If you have any further questions feel free to ask one of our staff members!
For some fun for the kids, follow the website addresses underneath!